Find a pro in Lyons, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Lyons, CO
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Lyons, CO. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to find the best companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.