Find a Cabinet Painter in Olney Springs, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Colorado // Olney Springs
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will it matter what kind of paint I use for my cabinets?
An often asked question pertains to the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used on walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the kind of paint preferred for interior walls will face many challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them their sophisticated aesthetic. Typical wall paints may not stick adequately to cabinets or start to chip and flake away prematurely. The kind of paint professionals use for cabinets has adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also needs extended drying and curing times than those typically applied to walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor do for my project?
Comparing cabinet painters to discover the most suitable one for your specifications and vision requires a substantial amount of effort. The first place to focus on is by understanding exactly what aesthetic you're trying to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view a sample of their prior work aligning with what you're looking for beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and ability. Dependable contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You should have a defined budget worked out when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate widely. Check that any contractor you consider provides written statements of all material and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication during the project about it's timeline. The last thing you want is for unexpected surprises to pop up after the project has started that can raise costs above what you planned for.
Pay close attention to the contractor's reliability by checking their online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from past customers for view online, and these can be an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and within budget.
Can I simply paint over my existing cabinets?
It's always tempting to immediately start painting and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming task when attempting it alone, but a professional can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life starting with the most common prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt or grease are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning phase is also the right time to take apart the cabinets and their gear, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable advancements, and there are products today which professionals use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also penetrate to those edges that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in some cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as enabling better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the current paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only flake away and require repainting sooner than expected.
How much will it cost to paint my kitchen cabinets?
There are many factors that play into the cost of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Olney Springs, Colorado, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first seek out quotes from various professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors could bill you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: Your contractor must recoup the cost of materials if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon price of paints utilized in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with a gallon typically being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the project performed.
You'll want to discuss your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Beautify Your Kitchen for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter in Olney Springs, Colorado
An exceptional way to boost the value of your property and refresh the look of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a cost-effective option over expensive replacements that also results in less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of heavy use and give them a new look that will suit your current tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter around Olney Springs, Colorado fluctuates, but many customers still report spending less than a third on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the fluctuation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, aspects like the variety of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among several different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also advantages for the environment when you decide to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing methods with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your current cabinets may be in good enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll love.
While hunting for the right cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and specifications, you should analyze their client reviews, gallery of past work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A dependable contractor will be happy to show you their history of delivering projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you know exactly what to expect when the job is complete. Locate all the information necessary to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter in Olney Springs, Colorado easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.