Find a Pro in Ordway, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you select the appropriate exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home's exterior, selecting an elegant color that complements your overall design will be the right choice. It's fairly inexpensive to boost the appearance of your home with assistance from a trained and equipped painting contractor. These are some of the factors you should consider when picking a color for your exterior painting job:
- Color scheme: The colors you select should go with the overall look you're aiming for and the mood you want to form. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are elegant tones that have the tendency to give you a comfortable feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For a touch of color that's distinctive from the others, yellows and oranges are bold enough to bring about the desired results.
- Comfort: Toned down, versatile colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a home feel more pleasant and comfortable.
Why might it be advantageous to enlist the expertise of an exterior painting professional?
Hiring an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will usually offer you a better outcome than you could attain on your own. DIY jobs rarely go as planned unless you have the tools and training to carry out the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of covering up flaws, homeowners can recruit an exterior painting contractor to carry out the project as skillfully as possible. The training they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the level of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the exterior, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you should hire a contractor to execute it. With their high-quality process and guaranteed work, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or providing less-than-optimal results.
What actions are involved in getting a property ready for exterior painting?
Exterior painting delivers excellent results when it's completed with close attention to detail and sticking to high-quality standards. Professional painters are prepared with the training, tools, and techniques to conduct the project with excellent craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship starts with taking first steps that help the paint adhere and look great for a long time. These are some of the steps you should take to prepare for an exterior painting project:
- Power wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime provides you with a clear area to start working on, so using pressure washing equipment is a great way to wash it off.
- Sand away loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked parts that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can fix flaws on exterior siding so that you can work on a flat surface.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it with a smooth finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to help the paint stick.
What's the usual budget for painting a home's exterior?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's an excellent home improvement for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it safe from the elements throughout the year. Other criteria that can influence the overall price is how experienced your contractor is because it can equate to high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a local painting contractor who can discuss the project and give you an accurate quote for the price you can anticipate to pay.
Find and Hire Exterior House Painting Services Near Ordway, CO
Start browsing for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and hire companies in Ordway, CO. If your home needs some new paint, you can recruit a contractor with the training and background to offer outstanding services. You can update your property's aesthetic with fresh paint that provides a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from moisture at the same time. By seeking out a professional to carry out the project, you're making sure it'll meet your specifications.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can quickly browse for painters, take a look at ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can see results from previous exterior painting jobs to gain a solid idea of what they can offer. Browsing through candidate profiles and easing your search is more efficient when you use our free app. It's streamlined and easy to use for anyone to choose the best contractor for the project in their area. Additionally, you can send direct messages, receive an estimate, and schedule an appointment all in one place.
Go over the project details with an exterior painting professional who can provide you with useful recommendations and help you decide on a beautiful color combination. Having a freshly painted home can increase your property value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what the right color, sheen, and application can do to breathe some new life into a space. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from many local professionals prepared to start the project and deliver exceptional work. Get an outstanding finished product by downloading our app and reach out to a skilled exterior painter to take care of the whole process with the utmost attention to detail.