Find a Cabinet Painter in Palmer Lake, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Colorado // Palmer Lake
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Which variety of paint do you use for cabinets?
A commonly asked question pertains to the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used on walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the variety of paint typically used for home walls will encounter many challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them that sleek appearance. Common wall paints may not stick adequately to cabinets or start to chip and flake away prematurely. The type of paint professionals use for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs longer drying and curing times than those usually applied to walls.
How will I determine if I've chosen the right cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to uncover the best one for your needs and vision requires a substantial amount of consideration. A good place to focus on is by knowing precisely what aesthetic you're trying to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view a sample of their prior work matching what you're looking for beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and ability. Dependable contractors would be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a defined budget worked out while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate significantly. Ensure that any professional you hire gives documentation of all material and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication during the process about it's timeline. What you don't need is for any surprises to occur after the project has started that will raise costs above what you planned for.
Give attention to the professional's reputation by evaluating any online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from past clients available online, and these can be an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and on budget.
Should I paint my cabinets before sanding?
It's may be enticing to quickly start painting and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming task when doing it on your own, but an expert will quickly and effectively bring your vision to life beginning with the most important prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that any dirt and grime are completely removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning step is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and its gear, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products that professionals use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also penetrate to those edges that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in most cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the current paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only peel away and require repainting sooner than expected.
How much will I have to pay to paint my current cabinets?
There are several factors that play into the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Palmer Lake, Colorado, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's advised to first obtain quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters might bill you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: The contractor will have to recoup the price of materials if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with one gallon usually being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the job completed.
You'll need to discuss your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Beautify Your Cabinets for Less With a Professional Cabinet Painter Near Palmer Lake, Colorado
An exceptional way to increase the value of your property and refresh the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a cost-efficient alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of wear and tear and give them an updated look that will suit your evolving style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor around Palmer Lake, Colorado varies, but many customers still report spending less than a third on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, factors like the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among several different painters to discover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also benefits for the planet when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing methods with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for logging. Your present cabinets may be in good enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
While searching for the perfect cabinet painting professional matching your budget and needs, you should analyze their customer reviews, portfolio of past work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A dependable contractor will be happy to share a history of past projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you know precisely what to expect when the job is finished. Discover all the information needed to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Palmer Lake, Colorado confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.