Find a pro in Peyton, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Colorado // Peyton
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Peyton, Colorado
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Peyton, Colorado. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.