Find a Cabinet Painter in Pueblo, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Colorado // Pueblo
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Am I limited to the type of paint I can use for my cabinets?
An often asked question is about the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are distinctions due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the kind of paint preferred for interior walls will face some challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them their elegant aesthetic. Typical wall paints will not stick adequately to cabinets and can start to chip and flake away prematurely. The type of paint contractors use for cabinets has adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs extended drying and curing times than those usually used on walls.
Which qualities do I search for in a reliable cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painters to find the most suitable one for your specifications and style takes a substantial amount of effort. A good place to focus on is by knowing exactly what aesthetic you want to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see samples of their previous work aligning with what you're looking for beforehand to get a sense of their experience and skill. Reliable contractors will be more than happy to grant this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a defined budget worked out while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate significantly. Ensure that any contractor you hire provides written statements of all equipment and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's expected completion. What you don't want is for unexpected surprises to pop up after the project commences that will raise costs higher than you planned for.
Give attention to the professional's dependability by checking their online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from past clients for view online, and these are also a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and on budget.
Will I have to prime cabinets cabinets prior to painting?
It's always enticing to immediately start dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming task when attempting it on your own, but a professional will quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality starting with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that any dirt or grime are fully cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning step is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and its gear, including drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable advancements, and there are products today which contractors use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also reach any edges that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in some cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as enabling better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the current paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only flake away and require repainting sooner than expected.
How much will I have to pay to paint my used cabinets?
There are several factors that affect the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Pueblo, Colorado, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's recommended to first obtain quotes from multiple contractors listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors may bill you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: The contractor must recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized in cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with one gallon usually being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job completed.
You'll want to talk about your home's unique cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Discover a Cabinet Painting Contractor Near Pueblo, Colorado to Bring Your Vision to Reality
A smart way to boost the appeal of your house and refresh the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a cost-efficient alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of heavy use and provide an updated look that will suit your current style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painter in Pueblo, Colorado varies, but some homeowners still report spending as much as three times less on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, aspects such as the kind of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. You should start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among several different painting contractors to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the environment when you decide to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing methods with wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for logging. Your current cabinets could be in decent enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll love.
When looking for the best cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and specifications, you should evaluate their customer reviews, portfolio of past work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A dependable contractor will be happy to share their history of executing projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you understand exactly what to expect when the project is finished. Find all important information you need to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter in Pueblo, Colorado easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.