Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Roggen, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish my cabinets rather than purchase new models?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement task that many people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a great way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle current furniture rather than replace it. A few other great perks of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to dramatically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively little work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and stress-free technique to refresh their look versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the chaos of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect high-quality outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to make sure your cabinets look as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Is there a difference between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used together, but there are significant differences between the two and handymen will need to know which service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the existing doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has a unique approach and offers a certain effect in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times could cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the great benefits about wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make the product look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, including the strength of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the process needs to be repeated is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing project could last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as an alternative to installing them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than installing new models and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit waste by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive way to boost its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets might already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Property owners in Roggen, CO have communicated spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
Find The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Roggen, CO
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to beautify the aesthetic of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many people in Roggen, CO have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many people are choosing to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood products.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less disruptive to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and reliability through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Roggen, CO with confidence.