Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Silverthorne, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How many times can cabinets be refinished?
One of the best benefits about wood is that it can be refinished several times to make furniture look the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the durability of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the process must be repeated depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing project can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
Are refinished cabinets worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new ones and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to boost its appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets could already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires less disruption to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Property owners in Silverthorne, Colorado have detailed spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this project is right for you.
Should I be on the lookout for any particular certifications or qualifications when vetting a cabinet refinishing contractor?
While there may not be industry-mandated certifications specifically for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are some qualifications and indicators of skill that you can refer to when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will prominently display any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant field on their Thumbtack profile.
You should ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in the past, especially featuring finished projects that are similar to the style you're trying to accomplish. Other than a picture gallery, most professional contractors will highlight their experience and reliability through online customer feedback.
A reliable expert should supply a clear written estimate of the job before it begins, listing the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should have adequate communication skills and be able to address any questions and concerns regarding budget, time, and quality during the refinishing project. It would be wise to also inquire for warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another indication that can demonstrate they have faith in the quality of their workmanship.
How do professionals refinish cabinets?
A contractor taking care of your cabinet refinishing job will adhere to an established process for speed and excellent results. There are usually several steps taken to transform the style of existing cabinets, for example:
- Evaluation and Preparation: Cabinets are first inspected to ensure they are in good enough condition for refinishing. If they are, any gear will be removed, such as handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces need to be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Repair and Fill: Some insignificant issues, such as scratches, dings, and similar blemishes in the wood will be repaired or filled to better blend in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in thin, even coats to achieve the style you're looking for. The drying and curing step is vital to imparting a high-quality result, and could need a few hours to complete.
- Reassembly: After the paint or stain completely cures, any gear will be put back on and cabinets completely reassembled for use. Performing a quality inspection will ensure the finished results satisfies your standards, which includes a last cleanup of the full work area.
It's important to keep in mind that every refinishing process may vary depending on factors such as the size of cabinets and the chosen finish. Furthermore, contractors may perform detailed methods, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific stylistic effects, which will require a longer process with more steps. Make sure to communicate clearly with anyone you employ to ensure they can bring your vision to life.
One Place With All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Silverthorne, Colorado With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to beautify the style of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and many homeowners in Silverthorne, Colorado have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your home simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why many homeowners are starting to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less disruptive to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their knowledge and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Silverthorne, Colorado with confidence.