Find a Pro in Silverthorne, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What services fall under the domain of a residential painter?
Here is what an expert painter can assist with:
- Advise the Best Colors: In case you're struggling to pick the right colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. Services like this will save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your certified expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and will handle the prep work before painting begins.
- Identify Damages: As your residential painter prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for issues. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they discover things such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas must be fixed before painting can start, of course. Your professional could then direct you towards dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they will handle it themselves.
- Do Repairs: Expert painters are proficient at carrying out such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By enlisting an expert painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What do experienced painters charge by the hour?
The average painter's price on services varies from $22 to $43 per hour, not counting taxes or overhead included.
Remember that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay an expert painter hourly. Accordingly, it does not reflect the addition of insurance, taxes, tools, or any gallons of paint.
Is it a wise idea to prioritize interior painting for my house?
Almost always the answer is yes, and these are benefits from interior painting services:
- Boost the Appeal of Your House: A great paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your home. It can also help sell a house that's on the market quicker, even above its listing price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your house in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your home that truly pays for itself.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical way to update your house, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. If you have not painted your interior in the past few years and have boring colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, many residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the option you choose, a new paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted safeguards your house now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are made of components which naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture can result in degraded walls which can be dangerous to your property's structural integrity. Water behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health risks. Paint enables you to seal out moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints these days are made with low or zero VOCs. In case you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great choice for your interior. A new coat of paint also keeps dust and other particles to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: All houses have flaws and imperfections. Walls often have dents, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your house over time. Getting your house's interior painted removes all cosmetic issues and can make your room look updated and clean. A new paint color applied to your interior can also modernize your living space.
What is the slowest season of year for painters?
One of the biggest advantages about scheduling during the colder months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The colder conditions often keep most homeowners from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painting contractors have the availability.
Therefore, they might be able to decrease their price than what they typically do in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
Reliable Home Painting Contractors in in Silverthorne, Colorado
When you need a good residential painter near Silverthorne, Colorado, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and needs. Painting your home is a great way to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that delivers a good ROI in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted house can enhance your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or make great suggestions about different paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also offers several useful advantages for its structural integrity. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a variety of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a good paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use tool that compiles all the important information to let you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of reputable painters in Silverthorne, Colorado and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also permits you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for a pro who can deliver the quality services you need.