Find a pro in Snowmass Village, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Snowmass Village, Colorado. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Snowmass Village, Colorado
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Snowmass Village, Colorado. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for the job.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our streamlined app, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Snowmass Village, Colorado. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house right away.