Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Vail, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How regularly should cabinets be refinished
One of the best things about wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make the product appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times one can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, including the quality of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the service needs to be followed up is dependent on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing service should last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as an alternative to buying new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than buying new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it might be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce waste by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets could already work well with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves less disruption to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents of Vail, CO have detailed spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this project is best for you.
What licenses or qualifications are important to check for in a cabinet refinishing contractor?
While there aren't industry-mandated licenses designed for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are certain qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can refer to when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will prominently display their background in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant field on their Thumbtack page.
You will want to ask the contractor you are considering hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished in the past, especially for finished projects that look like the style you're trying to accomplish. Along with a portfolio, most professional contractors can highlight their experience and reliability with online customer feedback.
A reliable professional should give a clear written estimate of the job before it begins, outlining the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess exceptional communication skills and a readiness to answer any questions and concerns regarding cost, time, and quality throughout the refinishing project. You should also inquire about any warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another indication that can show they have confidence in the quality of their craftsmanship.
How is cabinet refinishing accomplished?
An expert working on your cabinet refinishing job will adhere to an established process for speed and proven results. There are typically several steps taken to transform the style of existing cabinets, including:
- Assessment and Prepping: Cabinets should be first assessed to ensure they are in good enough condition to be refinished. If so, any gear will be taken off, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces will be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some small damage, such as cracks, dings, or other blemishes in the wood can be repaired or filled to better blend in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing method will be applied in careful, even coats to achieve the style you're looking for. The drying and curing stage is crucial to imparting a professional result, and may require a few hours to complete.
- Reassembly: Once your paint or stain completely cures, any gear can be reattached and cabinets completely reassembled for use. A quality inspection will make sure the finished results meets your standards, which includes a last cleanup of the entire work area.
It's important to note that the specific refinishing project may vary based on things such as the size of cabinets and the chosen finish. Also, contractors may perform detailed methods, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific aesthetic results, which will require a longer amount of time. Be sure to communicate clearly with anyone you employ to guarantee they have the skill to bring your vision to life.
One Platform for All The Information Needed To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in Vail, CO Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to beautify the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many people in Vail, CO have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why many people are starting to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less disruptive to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Vail, CO with confidence.