Find a Pro in Weston, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What factors are essential when picking the exterior paint color for your home?
When you're deciding on a paint color scheme for your home, choosing a classic color that complements your overall design will be the best choice. It's relatively affordable to enhance how your home looks with assistance from a skilled and experienced painter. These are some of the considerations you should make when picking a color for your exterior painting project:
- Color arrangement: The colors you pick should complement the overall design you're going for and the atmosphere you want to spend time in. Make the place your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are stylish hues that have the tendency to give you a comfortable feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that stands out from the rest, yellows and oranges are vivid enough to achieve the desired results.
- Comfort: Toned down, versatile colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a home feel more cozy and content.
Why should you retain the services of an exterior painting contractor?
Hiring an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will normally provide you with a high-quality result than you could achieve on your own. DIY jobs don't always go as planned unless you have the materials and knowledge to carry out the project to industry standards. Instead of attempting to repair mistakes, homeowners can hire an exterior painter to carry out the project as efficiently as possible. The training they've gained from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the degree of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From pressure washing the outside, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you need to hire a painter to execute it. With their high-quality process and guaranteed work, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or offering less-than-satisfactory results.
How do you get a home ready for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides the best results when it is done with careful attention to detail and according to the highest standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the training, materials, and techniques to perform the project with exceptional workmanship. Superb workmanship starts with taking preliminary steps that allow the paint to stick and look great for a long time. Get ready for an exterior painting project by taking the following steps:
- Power wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt provides you with a spotless area to start working on, so using pressure washing equipment is a great way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off loose paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will get rid of cracked or flaky parts that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can fix flaws on exterior siding so that you can work on a clean surface.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it for a sleek result.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to stay.
How costly is it to execute an exterior painting project for a home?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a great investment for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it safe from the elements all year round. Other criteria that can influence the overall cost is how experienced your painter is because it can equal high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a local painting contractor who can evaluate the project and give you a free, upfront estimate for the price you can expect to pay.
Compare and Hire Exterior Home Painting Contractors in Weston, CO
Start your search for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and hire companies in Weston, CO. If your home needs a new coat of paint, you can find a professional with the skills and background to offer excellent services. You can upgrade your home's curb appeal with fresh paint that also provides a strong barrier preventing damage from the elements. By recruiting a painter to handle the project, you're ensuring it will meet your specifications.
On our full-scope home management platform, you can swiftly browse for contractors, take a look at ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can check out other exterior painting jobs to gain a better idea of what they can provide. Browsing through candidate profiles and narrowing down your search is a quicker process when you use our free app. It's convenient and easy to use for homeowners to find the most suitable candidates for the project near them. In addition, you can send direct messages, ask for an estimate, and set up a consultation all in one place.
Go over the details of the project with an exterior painting professional who can deliver useful suggestions and help you come up with an attractive color scheme. Painting can increase your home value and overall make it stand out in the best way. It's awesome what the right sheen, color, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from several local contractors ready to roll up their sleeves and deliver excellent work. Get an excellent finished product by downloading our home management platform and get in touch with an experienced exterior painter to take care of the entire process with careful attention to detail.