Find a pro in Winter Park, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Winter Park, Colorado
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Winter Park, Colorado. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.