Find a Pro in Andover, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What's the average rate per hour for most painters?
The average painter's price on labor ranges from $22-$43 an hour, and that doesn't include taxes or overhead.
Be mindful that this average is for the labor of painting services to pay an expert painter hourly. Insurance, taxes, tools, or any gallons of paint is not added in that price.
Can interior painting give a worthwhile return on investment?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and these are other valuable advantages gained from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Value of Your Home: A good paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. It will also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even over asking price. Even if you are not thinking about listing your home in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter could last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your residence that truly pays off.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical project to update your residence, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your interior in the past few years and have boring colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at ease. Additionally, many people are working from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the option you pick, a new paint color will affect your mood as you desire — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted safeguards your residence now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are manufactured with components that naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, too much absorption will result in compromised walls which can be detrimental to your property's structural integrity. Water within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health issues. Paint is designed to seal out moisture from getting into the porous walls of your property.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your Home: Paints now are manufactured with low or zero volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family suffer from allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the best choice for your household. A fresh application of paint also limits dust and other particles to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Great: Most houses contain flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently show dents, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your home over the years. Having your home's interior painted covers those cosmetic issues and will make your room look updated and clean. A lustrous coat of paint put on by an expert painter will also update your home with a contemporary look.
When is the least busy season for painters?
One of the biggest selling points about scheduling within the winter months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing home improvement projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
For that reason, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they normally do in peak times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
What is the typical labor price to paint the inside of a home?
The price to paint the interior of your home is dependant on the square footage of the area. A single 300-square-foot room will be much more economical than an entire house, especially a big one.
On average, expect to spend between $3 to $7 per square foot when hiring a nearby professional to paint the interior of your home. You'll spend less if you paint the interior yourself or reside in a region with low labor costs. However, other factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend upwards of $8 per square foot or higher if you have tall ceilings, need structural repair, or want accent walls.
Dependable House Painting Contractors in Near Andover, CT
When you require a reliable house painter near Andover, CT, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a great option to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that gives a big ROI in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted home works to elevate your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A talented and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or make excellent recommendations about different paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors will even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also provides several practical advantages for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a host of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing function of a good paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a simple platform that brings together all the relevant information to help you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of professional painters in Andover, CT and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also permits you to directly contact expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for a pro who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.