Find a pro in Bethlehem, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Bethlehem, CT. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Bethlehem, CT
When you need roofing maintenance services in Bethlehem, CT, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to find the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.