Find a Pro in Bristol, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is it a smart choice to prioritize interior painting for my residence?
The short answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Raise the Value of Your Residence: A good paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. It can also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even above its asking price. Even if you are not planning on listing your residence in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painting contractor could last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement investment with one of the best returns when factoring in the effect on home value and appeal.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively low-cost project to update your home, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. Assuming you have not painted your home in the past few years and have older colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel at ease. Additionally, many residents are working at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what option you pick, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted secures your residence now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are manufactured with components which naturally retain moisture. Eventually, enough absorption can lead to compromised walls which can be detrimental to your house's structural integrity. Water within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health risks. Paint enables you to keep moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your home.
- Enhance Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints now are manufactured with low or zero VOCs. If you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the best choice for your property. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: Most houses harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently obtain scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your residence over the years. Having your house's interior painted removes all imperfections and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A new coat of paint put on by an expert contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What is the slowest season of year for painters?
One of the biggest advantages about hiring within the colder season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep people from doing home improvement projects, so painting companies have the availability.
Therefore, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they normally charge in busier seasons like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
How often do I need to paint the exterior of my residence?
There are a few obvious things to keep an eye out for, like chipped or cracked paint; however, there are also some less evident things that can create problems as well. Exterior painting is a pretty big project, so it's always a good idea to hire painting specialists.
Since every home differs from one another, there is no set deadline to repaint, and this makes things more difficult for homeowners. Most professionals express that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years, based on other variables like where you're located, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
If you've recently purchased a new home, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's a good idea to try and find out, since having detailed information about the paint job can be critical. The kind of paint used, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color chosen can all impact its lifespan. It's also beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, since whether the house was painted on a bright or overcast day can affect how well the paint dries.
What are some services I should expect my professional painting contractor to provide?
Here is what an expert painter can assist with:
- Choose Colors: If you're struggling to choose the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your certified professional.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a harder time sticking to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter knows this and will take care of the prep work before painting begins.
- Identify Damages: As your residential painter preps for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they find anything like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces must be addressed before painting can begin, of course. Your service could then suggest other reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Carry Out Light Fixes: Experienced painters are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When hiring a professional painter, you likely won't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Find an Experienced House Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces Near Near Bristol, CT
When you need a good residential painter in Bristol, CT, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a smart choice to breathe new life into your property while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that gives a big ROI in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted house works to boost your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or make excellent recommendations about various paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your residence also offers many practical advantages for its structural integrity. Paint works as a sealant to secure surfaces from a variety of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a simple platform that collects all the relevant information to let you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of professional painters in Bristol, CT and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also allows you to directly contact professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your search for a pro who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.