Find a Cabinet Refinisher in East Windsor, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the perks of cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is a very beneficial home improvement project that many homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a smart practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle current furniture rather than replace it. A few other excellent advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively little work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and easy project to update their style compared to installing new ones. Because you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the long process of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get excellent results when you hire an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to guarantee your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
In what ways will cabinet refacing and refinishing them differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used together, but there are considerable differences between them and handymen will need to know what service you need. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the current doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has its own unique approach and offers a distinctive outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How long can refinished cabinets last
One of the best things about wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make furniture look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times one can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, such as the durability of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the project must be repeated depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing project will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Why will cabinet refinishing be the best option for my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than purchasing new ones and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it might be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a huge range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to boost your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets could already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves less chaos to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents of East Windsor, CT have communicated paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, evaluate your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is best for you.
One Platform Containing All The Information Needed To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher Near East Windsor, CT With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the aesthetic of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and many homeowners in East Windsor, CT have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many homeowners are starting to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in East Windsor, CT confidently.