Find a pro in Enfield, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Enfield, CT
If you need roofing maintenance services in Enfield, CT, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to help. With our user-friendly app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Enfield, CT. Get the roofing services you need for your property now.