Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Enfield, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are a few benefits to refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly advantageous home improvement project that many people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a good practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to repurpose current furniture rather than throw it out. Some other amazing perks of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically change the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively little work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and hassle-free technique to update their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're reusing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the hassle of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect professional outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to guarantee your cabinets come out as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
In what aspects will cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand what service you want. Refacing is a process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the present doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features its own unique approach and imparts a distinctive outcome in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
What is the recommended interval between refinishing cabinets
One of the best benefits with wood is that it can be refinished several times to make furniture look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, including the durability of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the service must be done again is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing project should last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as an alternative to buying new models?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new models and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce waste by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a wide variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive project to enhance its appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets might already work well with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal chaos to your home compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
People in Enfield, Connecticut have communicated paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
Find The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Enfield, Connecticut
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several people in Enfield, Connecticut have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more people are starting to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less disruptive to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Enfield, Connecticut confidently.