Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Essex, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the benefits associated with cabinet refinishing compared to hanging new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement task that many homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a great way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. Some other amazing benefits of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically change the look of your kitchen through relatively little work or money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and simple technique to refresh their look versus installing new ones. Because you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the hassle of having new cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive professional results when you hire a vetted contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to guarantee your cabinets look as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What is the difference between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between the two and professional contractors will need to know what service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the present doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has its own unique approach and gives a certain effect in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often should cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the great benefits with wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make the product appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, such as the durability of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the service needs to be followed up is dependent on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing project should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing a smart investment in my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than purchasing new ones and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable project to enhance your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already work great with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your daily life in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Essex, Connecticut have reported paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is best for you.
One Place With All The Information You Need To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Essex, Connecticut With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and several homeowners in Essex, Connecticut have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many homeowners are starting to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less disruptive to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and expertise through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Essex, Connecticut confidently.