Find a pro in Farmington, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really postpone the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Farmington, CT
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Farmington, CT. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to hire the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.