Find a Pro in Farmington, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are examples of services I can expect my professional painting contractor to give?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can help with:
- Choose Colors: When struggling to find the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. This will save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your vetted painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter knows this and will take care of the prep work before painting commences.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painting service prepares for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for damage. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they discover things like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages need to be fixed before the project can commence, of course. Your professional may then recommend reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: Experienced painters are proficient at making such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By enlisting a high-quality painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the average rate per hour for most painters?
Typically, a painting contractor's price on services varies from $22-$43 an hour, and that doesn't include taxes or overhead.
Bear in mind that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist hourly. Accordingly, it does not reflect the cost of insurance, tax, equipment, or any gallons of paint.
Is interior painting worth it?
Almost always the answer is yes, and these are benefits from interior painting services:
- Increase the Appeal of Your Home: A good paint job can communicate to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your property. Interior painting can also help sell a home that's on the market sooner, even over asking price. Even if you are not considering listing your home in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your property that really pays off.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly way to update your residence, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your house recently or have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at ease. Also, many people are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the option you pick, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted strengthens your residence now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are manufactured with materials that naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, too much absorption can result in compromised walls which can be detrimental to your house's structural integrity. Water within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health issues. Paint works to keep water from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints now are produced with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your family have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your household. A fresh coat of paint also limits dust and other allergens to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Amazing: All residences harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls often contain dents, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your home over time. Getting your home's interior painted eliminates most cosmetic issues and can make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by an expert contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What's the season of lowest business for painters?
A major benefit to hiring during the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing home improvement projects, so professional painters have more open spots in their schedules.
For that reason, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they normally charge in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
Expert Residential Painting Contractors Near in Farmington, CT
When you need a good residential painter in Farmington, CT, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your home is an excellent choice to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that gives a great ROI in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted home works to elevate your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or offer excellent suggestions about various paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors can even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also brings several practical advantages for its durability. Paint acts as a sealant to protect the wood from a host of issues caused by bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst culprits of home decay, but the sealing capability of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will beautify your house inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly site that compiles all the important information to help you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of vetted painters in Farmington, CT and the surrounding areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also permits you to directly communicate with professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for the contractor who can deliver the quality and value you need.