Find a pro in Glastonbury, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Glastonbury, CT
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Glastonbury, CT. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Glastonbury, CT. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.