Find a Pro in Glastonbury, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
How much will professional painters charge per hour?
The average painting contractor's price on labor varies from $22 to $43 per hour, not counting taxes or product included.
Be mindful that this average is for the labor of painting services to pay a professional painter per hour. Accordingly, it does not include the cost of insurance, taxes, equipment, or the paint itself.
Is investing in interior painting a good idea?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Appeal of Your House: A good paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your home. It will also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even above its listing price. Even if you are not planning on selling your home in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor could last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the highest returns when considering the impact on property value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively inexpensive project to update your home, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. If you haven't painted your home in the past few years and have poor colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at rest. Also, many residents are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what option you pick, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted safeguards your home now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are manufactured with materials that easily absorb moisture. Over time, enough absorption will lead to compromised walls which can be detrimental to your property's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health dangers. Paint is designed to keep water from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints these days are produced with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great choice for your home. A new application of paint also limits dust and other particles to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Amazing: Most homes have flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently feature scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your home over time. Having your house's interior painted eliminates those cosmetic issues and will make your home look refreshed and clean. A new coat of paint put on by an expert contractor will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
When is the least busy season for painters?
One of the biggest selling points to hiring during the colder season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing home improvement projects, so painting companies have the availability.
As a result, they might be able to decrease their price than what they typically do in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
What will it generally cost in labor to paint the inside of a home?
The cost to paint the inside of your home depends on the dimensions of the space. One 300-square-foot room will be much more economical than an entire house, especially a big residence.
You should expect to spend between $3 to $7 per square foot when hiring a local professional to paint the inside of your home. You'll spend less if you paint the house yourself or reside in an area with low labor costs. However, certain factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or more if you have tall ceilings, need structural repair, or want accents.
Experienced Residential Painters in Near Glastonbury, Connecticut
When you want a good house painter near Glastonbury, Connecticut, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a great way to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that delivers a great ROI in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted house can boost your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or offer great suggestions about different paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors will even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your home also offers many practical advantages for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a variety of issues caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a good paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will beautify your residence inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a convenient site that compiles all the necessary information to help you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of reputable painters in Glastonbury, Connecticut and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also allows you to directly message expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.