Find a Pro in Hampton, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How should you go about picking the right exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home, choosing an elegant color that goes with your overall design will be the perfect choice. It's fairly inexpensive to enhance the appearance of your home with help from a trained and experienced painter. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when choosing a color scheme for your exterior painting job:
- Color scheme: The colors you choose should go with the overarching look you're going for and the ambiance you want to form. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend substantial time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are stylish shades that have the tendency to give you a contented feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that's distinctive from the others, yellows and oranges are bright enough to bring about the desired results.
- Comfort: Toned down, versatile colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a property feel more cozy and comfortable.
What advantages come with the choice to recruit a professional contractor for exterior painting?
Seeking an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your property will usually offer you a better outcome than you could bring about by yourself. DIY jobs rarely go as you hope unless you're equipped with the materials and training to perform the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of attempting to fix errors, homeowners can seek an exterior painting professional to carry out the job as adeptly as possible. The training they've garnered from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the level of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From power washing the siding, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you should a painter to do it all. With their high-quality approach and guaranteed work, you don't have to deal with them cutting corners or delivering less-than-satisfactory results.
How do you prepare a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides excellent results when it is carried out with close attention to detail and according to top standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the knowledge, materials, and methods to perform the job with excellent workmanship. Remarkable workmanship begins with taking preliminary steps that allow the paint to stick and look amazing for a long time. Get ready for an exterior painting job by taking these steps:
- Power wash: Removing dirt and grime provides you with a clear area to work with, so using power washing tools is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Sand away flaky paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked parts that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix flaws on exterior of your home so that you can work with a clean surface.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it with a streamlined result.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to stick.
How much does an exterior painting project cost?
The expenses related to exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story property can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's a great investment for many homeowners who want to boost their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements at all times. Another factor that can influence the overall price is how skilled your painter is because it can mean higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and give you a free estimate for the costs you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Best Way to Search for Exterior Painting Services Near Hampton, CT
Start your search for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and seek the assistance of companies in Hampton, CT. If your property needs a fresh coat of paint, you can find a professional with the training and experience to offer high-quality services. You can upgrade your property's curb appeal with new paint that offers a durable barrier preventing damage from the elements simultaneously. By hiring a painter to handle the job, you're making sure the work will be of the highest quality standards.
On our all-inclusive home management platform, you can efficiently look for contractors, check ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can take a look at other exterior painting jobs to gain a good idea of what they can provide. Browsing through candidate profiles and narrowing down your search is more efficient when you download our no-charge platform. It's streamlined and simple to use for anyone to choose the most qualified contractor for the job near them. Additionally, you can send direct messages, receive an estimate, and book an appointment all on one platform.
Go over the details of the job with an exterior painter who can deliver useful suggestions and help you decide on an attractive color combination. Having a freshly painted home can boost your property value and overall make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's awesome what a good sheen, color, and application can do to breathe some new life into a place. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with help from many local contractors prepared to roll up their sleeves and perform exceptional work. Get an excellent finished product by downloading our home management platform and get in touch with an experienced painting contractor to handle the whole process with the utmost attention to detail.