Find a Pro in Hartford, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you decide on the best color for exterior paint?
When you're picking a paint color for your home, choosing an elegant color that complements your overall aesthetic will be the right choice. It's fairly affordable to enhance how your home looks with assistance from a skilled and equipped painter. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when choosing a color scheme for your exterior painting job:
- Color arrangement: The colors you choose should complement the general look you're aiming for and the mood you want to spend time in. Make the space your own, especially for people who work from home or spend considerable time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Greens and blues are elegant tones that have the propensity to make you feel at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that sticks out from the rest, oranges and yellows are bold enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Muted, neutral colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a property feel more pleasant and content.
What are the reasons for engaging the services of a professional exterior painting contractor?
Seeking an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will normally give you a superior result than you could achieve on your own. DIY projects rarely go as you hope unless you have the tools and experience to perform the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of attempting to fix mistakes, homeowners can seek an exterior painting contractor to carry out the project as efficiently as possible. The knowledge they've acquired from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the degree of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From power washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you need to hire a painter to execute it. With their high-quality process and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or delivering less-than-optimal results.
How can you prepare your house for an exterior painting service?
Exterior painting offers excellent results when it's done with careful attention to detail and sticking to high-quality standards. Professional painters are equipped with the training, tools, and strategies to conduct the project with excellent workmanship. Superb workmanship begins with taking preliminary steps that help the paint adhere and look great for a long time. These are some of the steps you need to take to get ready for an exterior painting project:
- Power wash: Removing grime and dirt provides you with a clear area to work with, so using power washing tools is an effective way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off flaky paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of cracked or flaky pieces that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can take care of flaws on exterior of your home so that you can work on a clean finish.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it for a streamlined finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to help the paint adhere.
Can you offer a quote of the cost included in painting the exterior of a house?
The cost of exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story property can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's a worthy home improvement for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it safe from the elements all year round. Another factor that can influence the overall cost is how experienced your painter is because it can mean higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a painting contractor near you who can discuss the project and give you a free quote for the costs you can anticipate to pay.
Find Exterior House Painting Contractors in Hartford, Connecticut
Start looking for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and recruit companies in Hartford, Connecticut. If your property needs a new coat of paint, you can recruit a contractor with the qualifications and background to provide outstanding services. You can update your property's curb appeal with new paint that also provides a hardwearing barrier preventing damage. By hiring a contractor to carry out the project, you're ensuring it will be of the highest quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can efficiently browse for professionals, take a look at ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can see other exterior painting projects to gain a solid idea of what they can offer. Browsing through contractor profiles and easing your search is a quicker process when you use our free app. It's systematic and simple to use for anyone to select the most suitable candidates for the project in their area. You can also direct message professionals, request a quote, and schedule a consultation all on one platform.
Discuss the project details with an exterior painting contractor who can give you useful recommendations and help you brainstorm a beautiful color arrangement. Painting can raise your property value and essentially make it stand out in the best way. It's awesome what the right color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a space. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with assistance from several local contractors prepared to roll up their sleeves and perform outstanding craftsmanship. Get excellent results by downloading our app and reach out to a skilled exterior painter to take care of the whole process with the utmost attention to detail.