Find a pro in Harwinton, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Harwinton, CT. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Harwinton, CT
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Harwinton, CT, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.