Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Kent, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are some benefits of cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that plenty of people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a great practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose current furniture rather than throw it out. Some other excellent advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively little work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and simple method to change their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're reusing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the long process of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive excellent outcomes when you allow a vetted contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to guarantee your cabinets come out as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
In what ways will cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are considerable differences between them and handymen will need to understand which service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the current doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has its own unique approach and offers a distinctive outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
Is there a suggested amount of times I can refinish cabinets
One of the great advantages about wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make furniture look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times one can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, such as the quality of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the service needs to be repeated is dependent on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing project can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing a good investment in my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive project to boost your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets could already fit in well with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in less chaos to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
People of Kent, Connecticut have related paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is right for you.
One Place With All The Information Necessary To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Kent, Connecticut With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to transform the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and many people in Kent, Connecticut have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many people are choosing to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less chaotic to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their knowledge and reliability through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Kent, Connecticut with confidence.