Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Middlebury, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the benefits associated with cabinet refinishing versus buying new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement task that many people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a good way to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than replace it. A few other great benefits of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to dramatically change the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively little work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and hassle-free technique to update their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the trouble of having custom-made cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive excellent outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to guarantee your cabinets come out as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Where does cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used together, but there are considerable differences between the two and professional contractors will need to know which service you want. Refacing is a process of substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the existing doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features a unique approach and delivers a distinctive outcome in the style of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
What is the suggested frequency for refinishing cabinets
One of the best benefits with wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make the product appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the quality of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the project needs to be repeated depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing project could last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Why can cabinet refinishing be the right choice for my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new ones and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce waste by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a huge variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive way to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets may already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal disruption to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Middlebury, CT have related paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this project is right for you.
One Platform With All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Middlebury, CT Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to transform the aesthetic of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many people in Middlebury, CT have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more people are choosing to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and skill through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Middlebury, CT with confidence.