Find a Pro in Montville, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are some services I should expect my residential painting contractor to provide?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can assist with:
- Select Colors: If you're struggling to choose the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your hired expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter understands this and can take care of the prep stage before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your home painting service preps for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they find things like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages need to be remediated before painting can start, of course. Your professional may then recommend trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: Most painters are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By employing a high-quality painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned your home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much is the usual per hour rate for painters?
The average painting contractor's price on labor varies between $22-$43 an hour, and that excludes taxes or overhead.
Be mindful that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting contractor per hour. For that reason, that price does not include the cost of insurance, taxes, tools, or the paint itself.
Is interior painting worth it?
Almost always the answer is yes, and these are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Appeal of Your House: A good paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. It can also help sell a home that's on the market faster, even above its listing price. Even if you are not thinking about listing your home in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painting contractor could last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement investment with one of the highest returns when factoring in the impact on home value and buyer interest.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical way to update your residence, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. If you have not painted your home in the past few years or have boring colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel at peace. Additionally, many residents are working at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which color scheme you pick, a new paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted secures your residence now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are manufactured with materials that easily retain moisture. Over time, enough absorption can lead to degraded walls which can be risky to your property's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health dangers. Paint works to seal out moisture from getting through the porous walls of your property.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints now are manufactured with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your family have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the best option for your property. A fresh application of paint also limits dust and other allergens to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: All homes have flaws and blemishes. Walls often contain scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your home over time. Having your house's interior painted removes all cosmetic issues and can make your room look refreshed and clean. A lustrous coat of paint applied by an expert painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
What's the period of minimum demand for painters?
One of the biggest selling points about booking during the colder months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps people from wanting to do projects, so painters have the availability.
For that reason, it's possible they'll charge a lower rates than what they normally charge in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
Hire an Experienced Residential Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces Near Near Montville, CT
When you want a good house painter in Montville, CT, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent way to bring new life into your residence while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that delivers a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted house works to enhance your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or offer excellent suggestions about various paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and interior of your home also offers several useful benefits for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a range of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your house inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a convenient site that organizes all the relevant information to let you find the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of professional painters in Montville, CT and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also permits you to directly communicate with professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for the pro who can deliver the quality and value you need.