Find a Cabinet Refinisher in New Fairfield, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How often could cabinets be refinished?
One of the best things about wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make furniture look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the durability of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the service needs to be done again depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing service will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
How do I determine if cabinet refinishing is a good choice to bring my vision to life?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new models and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive way to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets might already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less disruption to your home compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of New Fairfield, Connecticut have related spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
Should I be on the lookout for any specific licenses or qualifications when selecting a cabinet refinishing professional?
While there may not be industry-standard licenses specifically for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are important qualifications and indicators of skill that you can refer to when hiring someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will showcase any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a related skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You will want to ask the contractor you are considering hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in the past, especially for results that look like the style you're trying to accomplish. Along with a picture gallery, most professional contractors can demonstrate their experience and dependability through online client feedback.
A reliable expert will supply a clear written estimate of the job before it commences, outlining the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should have good communication skills and a readiness to address all of your questions and concerns regarding budget, schedule, and quality throughout the refinishing project. You should also inquire for warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another factor that can demonstrate they have faith in the quality of their workmanship.
How is cabinet refinishing conducted?
An expert working on your cabinet refinishing task will follow an established process for efficiency and excellent results. There are generally many steps taken to transform the aesthetic of existing cabinets, for example:
- Evaluation and Preparation: Cabinets are first assessed to ensure they are in good enough condition to be refinished. If they are, any hardware will be disassembled, like handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces need to be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Repair and Fill: Some small issues, like scratches, dents, and other blemishes in the wood can be repaired or filled before being blended in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in careful, even coats to achieve the look you've envisioned. The drying and curing process will be critical to imparting a high-quality result, and may need a few hours to complete.
- Reassembly: Once your paint or stain has dried, any parts can be reattached and cabinets completely reassembled for use. Performing a quality inspection will ensure the finished results satisfies your expectations, which includes a final cleanup of the complete work area.
It's useful to note that the specific refinishing process may vary based on aspects such as the kind of cabinets and the desired finish. Also, professionals may perform detailed methods, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific aesthetic effects, which could require a longer amount of time. Be sure to communicate clearly with anyone you hire to ensure they can bring your vision to life.
Hire a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in New Fairfield, Connecticut
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to beautify the style of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and many homeowners in New Fairfield, Connecticut have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many homeowners are starting to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood products.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less chaotic to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and reliability through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in New Fairfield, Connecticut confidently.