Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Norfolk, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of advantages should I look forward to by deciding to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that many people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than completely replacing them is a smart way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other amazing benefits of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the style of your kitchen through relatively little work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and simple project to change their style versus installing new ones. Because you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the chaos of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive high-quality results when you allow a qualified contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to ensure your cabinets appear as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What is the distinction between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are big differences between the two and handymen will need to know which service you want. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the current doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has its own unique approach and gives a distinctive result in the style of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times could cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the best things about wood is that it can be refinished many times to make the product appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times one can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, such as the quality of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will hold up before the process must be followed up depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing job should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as opposed to purchasing new models?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than purchasing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive way to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves less disruption to your lifestyle in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Norfolk, CT have related paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, assess your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
Find The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Norfolk, CT
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to transform the style of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many people in Norfolk, CT have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more people are beginning to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less chaotic to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their knowledge and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Norfolk, CT confidently.