Find a Pro in Old Mystic, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What aspects should influence your choice of exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home, choosing an elegant color that goes with your overall design will be the best choice. It's fairly inexpensive to improve the appearance of your home with help from a skilled and experienced contractor. These are some of the considerations you should make when selecting a color pattern for your exterior painting project:
- Color arrangement: The colors you select should go with the general look you're aiming for and the mood you want to create. Make the space your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are elegant tones that have the ability to give you a contented feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For a touch of color that stands out from the others, oranges and yellows are bold enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Subdued, neutral colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a home feel more cozy and content.
In what ways can recruiting an exterior painting professional enhance your project?
Seeking an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will typically provide you with a superior outcome than you could bring about on your own. DIY jobs don't always go as you hope unless you have the tools and skills to carry out the project to industry standards. Instead of covering up flaws, homeowners can turn to an exterior painter to carry out the project as efficiently as possible. The training they've acquired from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the level of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the exterior, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you should hire a contractor to carry it out. With their first-rate practices and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or providing less-than-optimal results.
How can you get your home ready for an exterior painting project?
Exterior painting offers excellent results when it is carried out with close attention to detail and adhering to the highest standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the skills, tools, and techniques to conduct the project with exceptional craftsmanship. Remarkable craftsmanship starts with taking preliminary steps that allow the paint to stay and look great for many years. Prepare for an exterior painting project by taking these steps:
- Pressure wash: Removing dirt and grime provides you with a clean area to begin working on, so using pressure washing tools is an effective way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off flaky paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove cracked or flaky parts that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can fix damage on exterior of your home so that you can work with a clean finish.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it with a streamlined result.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to allow the paint to stick.
How much does an exterior painting project cost?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-level home can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's a great project for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it safe from the elements at all times. Other criteria that can influence the overall price is how experienced your contractor is because it can result in high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a local painting contractor who can assess the project and offer you a free, upfront estimate for the expenses you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Best Way to Find Exterior Painting Contractors Near Old Mystic, CT
Start looking for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and seek the assistance of companies in Old Mystic, CT. If your home needs a new coat of paint, you can find a professional with the training and background to offer excellent services. You can improve your property's appearance with new paint that offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage at the same time. By seeking out a painter to carry out the project, you're ensuring it will be of the highest quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management app, you can efficiently look for professionals, check ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can take a look at other exterior painting jobs to gain an understanding of what they can offer. Browsing through professional profiles and easing your search is a quicker process when you use our no-charge app. It's systematic and hassle-free to use for homeowners to choose the most qualified candidates for the project in their area. In addition, you can direct message professionals, ask for a quote, and set up an appointment all in one app.
Discuss the project details with an exterior painter who can give you beneficial recommendations and help you come up with a beautiful color combination. Having a newly painted home can raise your property value and generally make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's incredible what the right color, sheen, and application can do to add some new life into a space. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from several local professionals prepared to roll up their sleeves and perform outstanding workmanship. Get an outstanding finished product by using our home management platform and reach out to a knowledgeable exterior painting contractor to handle the whole process with careful attention to detail.