Find a pro in Old Saybrook, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Old Saybrook, CT
If you need roofing maintenance services in Old Saybrook, CT, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies featured on our site have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Old Saybrook, CT. Find the right contractor for your home now.