Find a pro in Pomfret Center, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Pomfret Center, Connecticut. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Connecticut // Pomfret Center
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Pomfret Center, Connecticut
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Pomfret Center, Connecticut, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on our site have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to find the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.