Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Preston, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the benefits associated with cabinet refinishing compared to purchasing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement project that plenty of homeowners discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a smart practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. Some other great advantages of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the style of your kitchen with relatively little work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and stress-free technique to change their look versus installing new ones. Because you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the chaos of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality results when you hire an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is crucial to ensure your cabinets come out as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Where does cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets vary?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are considerable differences between the two and handymen will need to understand what service you want. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the existing doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has a unique approach and gives a certain effect in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How long do refinished cabinets retain their new look
One of the great benefits about wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make furniture look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, including the durability of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the project needs to be repeated depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing project will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new ones and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a wide range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive project to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already work great with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal chaos to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
People in Preston, Connecticut have communicated paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, assess your personal preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this option is best for you.
One Place With All The Information Necessary To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Preston, Connecticut Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the style of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and many homeowners in Preston, Connecticut have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many homeowners are beginning to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less chaotic to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Preston, Connecticut confidently.