Find a Pro in Shelton, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What all can a house painter do?
Some of the functions a professional painter usually performs include:
- Choose Colors: In case you're struggling to pick the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. This will save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your vetted professional.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter knows this and will handle this prep work before painting begins.
- Identify Damages: As your residential painter preps for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they discover things such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These damages need to be addressed before painting can start, of course. Your painter might then recommend reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: Professional painters are proficient at conducting such fixes. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By employing a professional painter, you likely won't have to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned your home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the common hourly cost for painters?
The average painting contractor's price on services varies from $22-$43 an hour, not counting tax or product included.
Remember that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting contractor hourly. Insurance, tax, tools, or any gallons of paint is not added in that cost.
Is paying for interior painting a wise decision?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Raise the Appeal of Your Home: A professional paint job will display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your home. Interior painting will also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even above its asking price. Even if you are not planning on listing your home in the near future, a good interior paint job by a professional painting contractor could last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your home that truly pays for itself.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively affordable project to update your house, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. If you haven't painted your house recently or have older colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at rest. Additionally, growing numbers of people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what color scheme you go with, a fresh paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted strengthens your house now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are made of materials that naturally retain moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture will lead to compromised walls which can be risky to your property's structural integrity. Water within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health issues. Paint is designed to keep water from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints currently are produced with low or zero VOCs. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the ideal choice for your interior. A fresh application of paint also limits dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Great: Most residences harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls often contain dents, dings, and markings from the use of your home over time. Having your home's interior painted eliminates those cosmetic issues and will make your home look updated and clean. A new coat of paint put on by a professional painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What is the slowest season of year for painters?
One of the biggest selling points to hiring during the colder season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing home improvement projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
As a result, they might be able to decrease their price than what they typically do in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
Experienced Home Painters Near Near Shelton, Connecticut
When you're looking for a good residential painter in Shelton, Connecticut, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent option to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that gives a great ROI in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted home works to elevate your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or offer excellent recommendations about different paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Various colors will even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your home also offers plenty of practical advantages for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a variety of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading culprits of home decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will beautify your home inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use platform that organizes all the relevant information to help you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of professional painters in Shelton, Connecticut and nearby areas based on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also allows you to directly contact expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.