Find a Pro in Southington, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is investing in interior painting a smart decision?
Almost always the answer is yes, and these are benefits from interior painting services:
- Raise the Value of Your Home: A great paint job can communicate to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. Interior painting can also help sell a house that's on the market quicker, even over listing price. Even if you are not planning on listing your house in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement investment with one of the best returns when factoring in the effect on property value and appeal.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively low-cost way to update your house, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. Assuming you have not painted your house recently or have older colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at rest. Additionally, many people are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the option you go with, a fresh paint color can help you feel differently — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted strengthens your property now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are constructed of materials that easily retain moisture. Over time, too much accumulation of moisture can result in compromised walls which can be detrimental to your home's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health concerns. Paint works to seal out moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your home.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your Home: Paints currently are produced with low or no VOCs. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great choice for your interior. A new coat of paint also keeps dust and other allergens to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Amazing: Most homes have flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently obtain dents, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your house over the years. Getting your house's interior painted covers most cosmetic issues and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A fresh coat of paint put on by an expert painter will also update your home with a contemporary look.
What is the least busiest time of year for painting contractors?
One of the biggest selling points about hiring during the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The colder conditions often keep most homeowners from doing home improvement projects, so painting contractors have more open spots in their schedules.
Therefore, it's possible they'll decrease their rates than what they normally charge in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I think about repainting my house's exterior?
Cracked and chipped paint are some obvious things to keep an eye on; however, there are also some less obvious things that can create problems as well. Painting an exterior is a pretty big job, so it's never a bad idea to book painting specialists.
Because every house is different, there is no set timeline to apply another coat, and this makes things more difficult for people. Most professionals express that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables like where you live, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, you might not have information when its most recent paint job was done. It's always recommended to try and find out, since possessing in-depth information about the paint job can be critical. The variety of paint utilized, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all affect its durability. It's also helpful to know the season in which it was painted, since whether the residence was painted on a bright or overcast day can affect how well the paint dries.
What services fall within the domain of a residential painter?
A few of the functions an expert painter generally performs include:
- Choose Colors: In case you're struggling to identify the ideal colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. This can save you time, and you can count on the experience of your vetted expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter understands this and can handle the prep work before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your home painter prepares for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for issues. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they discover things such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These surfaces need to be remediated before the project can start, of course. Your service could then suggest other trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: Expert painting contractors are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When hiring an expert painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned the home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Hire an Experienced Residential Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces Near Near Southington, CT
When you're looking for a good house painter in Southington, CT, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and needs. Painting your house is a smart way to bring new life into your property while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that gives a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted house works to elevate your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A talented and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or make excellent suggestions about various paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Various colors can even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your house also features plenty of practical advantages for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a host of problems caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing capability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will beautify your home inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a convenient tool that organizes all the relevant information to let you find the best painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of vetted painters in Southington, CT and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also enables you to directly message professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your search for a contractor who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.