Find a Pro in Stafford Springs, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you select the best color for exterior paint?
When you're picking a paint color for your home's exterior, selecting a classic color that goes with your overall design will be the right choice. It's somewhat affordable to enhance how your home looks with help from a knowledgeable and equipped painter. These are some of the considerations you should make when selecting a color for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you select should complement the overall design you're aiming for and the mood you want to form. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend considerable time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are tasteful hues that have the ability to make you feel at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that sticks out from the others, yellows and oranges are bright enough to achieve the desired results.
- Comfort: Subdued, neutral colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a property feel more pleasant and content.
Why should you hire an exterior painting professional?
Hiring an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will typically provide you with a superior outcome than you could achieve on your own. DIY jobs don't always go as you hope unless you have the materials and training to perform the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of covering up mistakes, homeowners can seek an exterior painter to carry out the project as efficiently as possible. The training they've acquired from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the degree of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From power washing the exterior, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you need to hire a painter to do it all. With their first-rate practices and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or delivering less-than-optimal results.
How can you prepare your home for an exterior painting task?
Exterior painting provides the best results when it's done with close attention to detail and adhering to top standards. Professional painters are equipped with the knowledge, materials, and strategies to conduct the project with exceptional workmanship. Superb workmanship starts with taking first steps that allow the paint to stay and look beautiful for a long time. These are certain steps you need to take to prepare for an exterior painting project:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt offers you a clear area to start working on, so using power washing equipment is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off chipped paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of cracked or flaky pieces that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix damage on exterior of your home so that you can work with a flat texture.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on windows and trim to then paint it with a sleek finish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to allow the paint to adhere.
What's the expense related to painting the exterior of a residential property?
The price of exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story property can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's an excellent home improvement for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements throughout the year. Other criteria that can influence the overall cost is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can equal high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and offer you an accurate estimate for the price you can anticipate to pay.
Compare Exterior Painting Services in Stafford Springs, Connecticut
Start looking for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and recruit companies in Stafford Springs, Connecticut. If your property needs a fresh coat of paint, you can hire a contractor with the skills and knowledge to deliver excellent services. You can upgrade your home's appearance with a fresh pop of color that offers a durable barrier preventing damage from moisture simultaneously. By hiring a painter to take care of the project, you're ensuring it'll be of the highest quality standards.
On our all-inclusive home management app, you can quickly search for professionals, check ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can check out results from previous exterior painting jobs to gain a better idea of their degree of expertise. Search through candidate profiles and narrowing down your search is more efficient when you download our free platform. It's systematic and simple to use for homeowners to select the most qualified candidates for the project near them. You can even direct message contractors, request a quote, and schedule a consultation all in one app.
Review the project details with an exterior painter who can provide you with helpful suggestions and help you decide on a beautiful color combination. Painting can increase your home value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's amazing what a good color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a space. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with help from several local professionals ready to start the project and deliver outstanding workmanship. Get outstanding results by using our home management platform and contacting a knowledgeable painting contractor to take care of every step in the process with the utmost attention to detail.