Find a pro in Stamford, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Connecticut // Stamford
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Stamford, Connecticut
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Stamford, Connecticut. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.