Find a Pro in Stonington, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What factors are important when picking the exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home's exterior, selecting an elegant color that goes with your overall design will be the ideal choice. It's relatively affordable to boost the appearance of your home with assistance from a skilled and experienced painter. These are some of the factors you should consider when picking a color pattern for your exterior painting project:
- Color arrangement: The colors you pick should go with the overarching design you're going for and the atmosphere you want to form. Make the space your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends considerable time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are elegant tones that have the tendency to give you a contented feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that's distinctive from the others, oranges and yellows are vivid enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Toned down, neutral colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more comfortable and comfortable.
What are the reasons for engaging the services of an exterior painting contractor?
Hiring an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will typically give you a better result than you could achieve by yourself. DIY jobs don't always go as you hope unless you have the tools and training to carry out the job to industry standards. Instead of spending time attempting to repair mistakes, homeowners can turn to an exterior painting contractor to carry out the job as efficiently as possible. The training they've acquired from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the degree of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the outside, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you should a painter to execute it. With their superior practices and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or offering less-than-satisfactory results.
How do you get a home ready for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides the best results when it's carried out with careful attention to detail and sticking to high-quality standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the skills, tools, and methods to do the job with exceptional craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship starts with taking precautions that let the paint stick and look beautiful for many years. These are some of the steps you should take to get ready for an exterior painting job:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt gives you a clear area to work with, so using pressure washing equipment is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Sand away loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove flaky or cracked pieces that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can take care of irregularities on exterior of your home so that you can work on a clean finish.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on windows and trim to then paint it for a smooth result.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to let the paint stay.
What's the usual budget for painting a home's exterior?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-level home can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's a great investment for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements all year round. Another factor that can add to the overall cost is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can mean high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and offer you an accurate quote for the price you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Most Efficient Way to Search for Exterior Painting Companies Near Stonington, Connecticut
Start browsing for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and recruit companies in Stonington, Connecticut. If your home needs some new paint, you can find a contractor with the training and knowledge to offer excellent services. You can update your property's appearance with a new pop of color that provides a hardwearing barrier preventing damage at the same time. By recruiting a contractor to take care of the job, you're ensuring the work will meet your specifications.
On our full-scope home management platform, you can efficiently browse for painters, take a look at ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can check out other exterior painting jobs to get a good idea of what they can provide. Search through candidate profiles and simplifying your search is more efficient when you download our no-charge platform. It's streamlined and simple to use for homeowners to pick the best contractor for the job in their area. In addition, you can send direct messages, receive an estimate, and set up an appointment all on one platform.
Review the details of the project with an exterior painter who can deliver beneficial tips and help you brainstorm an attractive color scheme. Having a newly painted home can increase your property value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's awesome what the right color, sheen, and application can do to breathe some new life into a space. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with assistance from several local professionals ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out excellent workmanship. Get an exceptional finished product by using our app and get in touch with an experienced professional to take care of every step in the process with the utmost attention to detail.