Find a pro in Tolland, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Tolland, Connecticut
When you need roofing maintenance services in Tolland, Connecticut, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.