Find a pro in Vernon Rockville, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Vernon Rockville, Connecticut. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Vernon Rockville, Connecticut
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Vernon Rockville, Connecticut. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Vernon Rockville, Connecticut. Find the right contractor for your house now.