Find a Pro in Watertown, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you select?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home, choosing a classic color that complements your overall aesthetic will be the perfect choice. It's relatively inexpensive to enhance the appearance of your home with help from a knowledgeable and equipped painter. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when picking a color for your exterior painting project:
- Color pattern: The colors you select should complement the overarching look you're going for and the ambiance you want to spend time in. Make the space your own, especially for people who work from home or spend considerable time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are tasteful tones that have the ability to make you feel at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For a touch of color that stands out from the rest, oranges and yellows are bold enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Muted, versatile colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a property feel more comfortable and content.
How can hiring an exterior painting professional improve your project?
Hiring an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will normally give you a superior result than you could achieve by yourself. DIY projects don't always go as you hope unless you're equipped with the materials and knowledge to carry out the job to industry standards. Instead of spending time covering up flaws, homeowners can turn to an exterior painting professional to perform the job as skillfully as possible. The training they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the degree of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From pressure washing the outside, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you need to hire a painter to do it all. With their first-rate practices and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or providing subpar results.
How can you get your home ready for an exterior painting project?
Exterior painting offers the best results when it's carried out with careful attention to detail and according to top standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the training, materials, and strategies to do the job with excellent workmanship. Remarkable workmanship starts with taking precautions that allow the paint to adhere and look amazing for many years. Prepare for an exterior painting job by taking the following steps:
- Pressure wash: Removing grime and dirt offers you a spotless area to work with, so using pressure washing equipment is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Sand away flaky paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove cracked or flaky pieces that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can take care of damage on exterior of your home so that you can work on a flat surface.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it for a streamlined varnish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to stay.
How much does an exterior painting project cost for a home?
The expenses related to exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level property can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level property. It's an excellent investment for many homeowners who want to boost their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements all year round. Another factor that can influence the overall cost is how skilled your painter is because it can equate to higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a local painting contractor who can discuss the project and give you a free, upfront estimate for the price you can expect to pay.
Find Exterior Painting Services Near Watertown, Connecticut
Start looking for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and recruit companies in Watertown, Connecticut. If your property needs a new coat of paint, you can hire a professional with the qualifications and knowledge to offer outstanding services. You can upgrade your property's curb appeal with fresh paint that simultaneously offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from moisture. By seeking out a professional to carry out the job, you're ensuring the work will be of high-quality standards.
On our all-inclusive home management app, you can efficiently browse for painters, take a look at ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can take a look at previous exterior painting projects to gain an understanding of their degree of expertise. Browsing through contractor profiles and narrowing down your search is more efficient when you use our no-cost app. It's systematic and simple to use for homeowners to choose the best candidates for the job in their area. You can also direct message contractors, request an estimate, and book an appointment all in one place.
Discuss the details of the project with an exterior painting professional who can provide you with useful recommendations and help you decide on an attractive color combination. Painting can boost your property value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's awesome what the right color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from a number of local contractors prepared to begin the project and deliver outstanding craftsmanship. Get an outstanding finished product by downloading our app and contacting a knowledgeable exterior painting contractor to take care of every step in the process with close attention to detail.