Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Wauregan, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the advantages associated with cabinet refinishing rather than buying new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that many people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of completely replacing them is a great practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other excellent advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically switch up the look of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and easy way to refresh their look versus installing new ones. Since you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the long process of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect excellent results when you hire a qualified contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to make sure your cabinets come out as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
In what aspects will cabinet refacing and refinishing them differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used together, but there are big differences between the two and professional contractors will need to know which service you need. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the present doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features a unique approach and imparts a certain outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times can cabinets be refinished
One of the best benefits with wood is that it can be refinished many times to make furniture look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, such as the quality of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the project needs to be followed up is dependent on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing project could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Is cabinet refinishing a wise investment in my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than buying new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If protecting the environment is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce waste by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge variety of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to boost its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already work well with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents of Wauregan, Connecticut have reported spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, assess your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this project is best for you.
Hire The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Wauregan, Connecticut
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the look of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and several people in Wauregan, Connecticut have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many people are choosing to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less disruptive to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their knowledge and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Wauregan, Connecticut with confidence.