Find a pro in Woodstock, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Connecticut // Woodstock
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Woodstock, Connecticut
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Woodstock, Connecticut. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.