Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Dover, Delaware
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How many years will refinished cabinets last
One of the great benefits with wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make the product look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, including the strength of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the process needs to be repeated depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing project can last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Why is cabinet refinishing a good investment in my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than buying new models and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to enhance its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets may already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Dover, DE have related spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
Which certifications or qualifications will a cabinet refinishing professional likely possess?
Though there aren't industry-mandated certifications designed for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are certain qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can refer to when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will prominently display their background in carpentry, woodworking, or a related field on their Thumbtack profile.
You will want to ask the contractor you are considering hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished in the past, especially for results that are similar to the style you're trying to achieve. Along with a picture gallery, most professional contractors can highlight their experience and dependability with online customer feedback.
A dependable expert can provide a clear written estimate of the job before it begins, listing the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess exceptional communication skills and a readiness to answer any questions and concerns regarding budget, schedule, and quality throughout the refinishing project. You should also inquire about any warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another factor that can show they have faith in the quality of their workmanship.
What is the professional technique to refinish cabinets?
A contractor taking care of your cabinet refinishing task will follow an established process for speed and excellent results. There are typically numerous steps taken to transform the look of existing cabinets, including:
- Assessment and Preparation: Cabinets should be first inspected to ensure they are in proper condition for refinishing. If they are, all hardware will be removed, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces need to be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Repair and Fill: Some insignificant damage, like cracks, dings, and other imperfections in the wood can be repaired or filled to better blend in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing method will be applied in smooth, even coats to achieve the look you're looking for. The drying and curing step is vital to giving a high-quality outcome, and could need several hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: After the paint or stain has dried, all gear can be reattached and cabinets completely reassembled for use. A quality inspection will ensure the final results satisfies your standards, which includes a final cleanup of the full work area.
It's useful to note that every refinishing project will vary depending on aspects like the type of cabinets and the chosen finish. Additionally, professionals may perform specialized techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific aesthetic effects, which will require a longer process with more steps. Make sure to speak clearly with any contractor you employ to guarantee they can bring your vision to reality.
One Site Containing All The Information Needed To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher Near Dover, DE With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the look of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and many people in Dover, DE have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more people are starting to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less chaotic to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Dover, DE confidently.