Find a Pro in Felton, Delaware
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What's the going rate per hour for most painters?
The average painting contractor's price on services ranges from $22-$43 an hour, and that doesn't include taxes or overhead.
Take into account that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting contractor hourly. Therefore, that price does not reflect the addition of insurance, tax, tools, or any gallons of paint.
Is interior painting worth it?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Appeal of Your Home: A good paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your home. Interior painting can also help sell a residence that's on the market faster, even over asking price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your residence in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor could last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your home that truly pays for itself.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical project to update your home, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy place. Assuming you have not painted your interior in the past few years or have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, many residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the color scheme you select, a fresh paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted safeguards your home now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are manufactured with components that naturally retain moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture can result in compromised walls which can be dangerous to your property's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health dangers. Paint enables you to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your residence.
- Improve Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints now are made with low or zero VOCs. In case you or your family have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your home. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dust and other pollutants to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Amazing: Most houses contain flaws and imperfections. Walls often have scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your residence over time. Having your house's interior painted hides those cosmetic issues and can make your room look updated and clean. A lustrous coat of paint put on by a vetted contractor will also update your home with a contemporary look.
During which season of the year are painters usually less occupied?
One of the biggest selling points to booking during the winter months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painting contractors have the availability.
Accordingly, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they normally do in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
What is the average expense for labor when painting the interior of a house?
The cost to paint the inside of your residence is dependant on the square footage of the space. One 300-square-foot room will be much more affordable than the entire residence, especially a big residence.
You should expect to spend between $3 to $7 per square foot when hiring a nearby painter to paint the inside of your residence. You'll spend less if you paint the interior on your own or live in an area with low labor costs. However, other factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend upwards of $8 per square foot or more if you have tall ceilings, need structural repair, or want accent walls.
Hire an Experienced House Painter To Update Your Living Spaces Near Near Felton, DE
When you require a dependable residential painter near Felton, DE, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your house is a great option to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly increasing its value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that gives a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted house can boost your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A talented and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or make great suggestions about different paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors can even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your residence also supplies several practical benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a range of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will beautify your house inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that brings together all the relevant information to let you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of professional painters in Felton, DE and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also permits you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for a pro who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.