Find a Pro in Frankford, Delaware
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you choose?
When you're deciding on a paint color scheme for your home, selecting a classic color that goes with your overall design will be the right choice. It's fairly inexpensive to boost how your home looks with help from a trained and equipped painting contractor. These are some of the factors you should think about when deciding on a color scheme for your exterior painting project:
- Color arrangement: The colors you choose should go with the overall look you're aiming for and the atmosphere you want to create. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are stylish hues that have the ability to make you feel at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that's distinctive from the others, oranges and yellows are bright enough to attain the desired results.
- Comfort: Toned down, versatile colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a property feel more pleasant and content.
What advantages come with the decision to recruit a professional contractor for exterior painting?
Recruiting an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your property will normally provide you with a high-quality outcome than you could bring about by yourself. DIY projects don't always go as you hope unless you have the tools and knowledge to perform the project to industry standards. Instead of covering up mistakes, homeowners can seek an exterior painting contractor to carry out the project as skillfully as possible. The training they've gained from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the degree of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From pressure washing the outside, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you should a painter to carry it out. With their high-quality approach and guaranteed work, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or providing less-than-satisfactory results.
How can you get your home ready for an exterior painting service?
Exterior painting offers the best results when it is completed with careful attention to detail and adhering to top standards. Professional painters are equipped with the training, tools, and techniques to do the project with outstanding workmanship. Superb workmanship starts with taking precautions that let the paint adhere and look great for many years. Get ready for an exterior painting project by taking these steps:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime provides you with a spotless area to begin working on, so using pressure washing tools is a great way to wash it off.
- Sand away flaky paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove cracked or flaky pieces that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can fix damage on exterior siding so that you can work on a clean surface.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it with a streamlined result.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to let the paint stick.
Can you provide an estimate of the price included in exterior painting?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story property can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's a great investment for many homeowners who want to boost their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements at all times. Another factor that can influence the overall price is how skilled your painter is because it can equate to high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and provide you with a free, upfront estimate for the expenses you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Convenient Way to Find Exterior Painting Companies in Frankford, DE
Begin looking for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can conveniently compare and hire companies in Frankford, DE. If your property needs a new coat of paint, you can find a contractor with the skills and experience to provide outstanding services. You can upgrade your property's aesthetic with a fresh pop of color that also offers a durable barrier preventing damage from moisture. By recruiting a contractor to carry out the project, you're making sure it'll be of the highest quality standards.
On our full-scope home management platform, you can efficiently browse for contractors, check ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can take a look at other exterior painting projects to gain an understanding of their degree of expertise. Browsing through candidate profiles and simplifying your search is more efficient when you download our no-charge app. It's streamlined and hassle-free to use for homeowners to find the best candidates for the project in their area. You can even direct message professionals, ask for an estimate, and set up a consultation all on one platform.
Discuss the project details with an exterior painter who can offer you useful tips and help you brainstorm an elegant color arrangement. Having a newly painted house can increase your property value and overall make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's amazing what a good color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from many local contractors ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out outstanding work. Get an excellent finished product by using our home management platform and get in touch with a knowledgeable professional to handle the whole process with close attention to detail.