Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Lewes, Delaware
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the benefits associated with cabinet refinishing compared to hanging new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that plenty of homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than completely replacing them is a good way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other great perks of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to dramatically change the style of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and stress-free method to refresh their style compared to installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the trouble of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive high-quality results when you allow a qualified contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to make sure your cabinets appear as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I know of refacing cabinets - is this the same as refinishing them?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used together, but there are big differences between them and handymen will need to know what service you want. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the current doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has a unique approach and offers a distinctive result in the appearance of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often can cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the best things with wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, such as the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the process needs to be followed up depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing job should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a wide variety of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to boost your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets might already fit in well with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in less disruption to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents of Lewes, DE have related paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, evaluate your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
One Site With All The Information Necessary To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher Near Lewes, DE With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to transform the style of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and many homeowners in Lewes, DE have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more homeowners are starting to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood products.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less disruptive to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Lewes, DE with confidence.